When to send wedding invitations & When to order wedding invitations and event day stationery
One of the common questions I am asked as a stationer is “When to send wedding invitations out” or “When do I need to order my invitations by”. The answer, like everything in life is “it depends”. But I have prepared a handy wedding invitations timeline infographic below, which is suggested for when you have :
- RSVP Cards to be posted back
- No overseas guests.
The quick version
- Order your invitations at least 16-18 weeks prior to the wedding
- send wedding invitations at least 12 weeks prior to the wedding
- Guests receive invitations at least 10-10.5 weeks prior to the wedding
- RSVP date: Minimum 6 weeks prior to wedding
- Chase RSVP’s: Chase down all guests that have no responded 4-6 weeks prior to wedding
- Work out your seating Plan: 4-5 weeks prior to wedding.
- Order place cards, seating charts, menus and order of service booklets: at least 4 weeks prior to wedding.